Big Midgard jointed lamp in steel look with black aluminium shade, clamping base and burgundy fabric-covered cable.
The design of this vintage articulated double joint lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lighted up with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was also later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house living room at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, cleaning, rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was polished, brushed, varnished and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition.
The aluminum shade has a few scratches.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions fine.
The joints are held by one screw.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a burgundy cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a switch located on the power cord
The clamping lampbase can be easily fixed on the table surface.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Articulated arm approx. 54cm
2. Articulated arm approx. 36cm
Shade diameter approx. 16cm
Bakelite E27 socket
Cable length approx. 210 cm with switch
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia