Midgard wall lamp Midgard in original state green hammertone with enameled shade.
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough cleaning of all elements, the lamp was checked.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The paint shows some tiny losses on some parts.
The lamp is engraved with Midgard on the base and a joint.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was checked.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original bakelite lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 16 cm
1. Joint 33cm
Cable length 65 cm