Midgard greyblue jointed lamp from the DDR time with wide black shade made of aluminium
This vintage articulated double jointed lamp from the ddr time was designed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lighted up with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was also later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house living room at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, cleaning of all elements, the lamp was painted and rebuilt again. All the small parts have been cleaned, polished, oiled.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition. The shade has light dents.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions fine.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated clockwis by a rotary switch located on the bakelite bulb socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Arm approx. 39cm
2. Arm approx. 54cm
Shade diameter approx. 21,5cm
Cable length approx. 270 cm
Manufactured in Auma in Thüringen