Elegant old Midgard 114 jointed lamp with original coating and clamping base.
The design of this rare double-jointed lamp comes from the Curt Fischer, CA 1920 has worked on the idea of “steerable light”. Before the well-known designs by Christian Dell, or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer with the all-round mobile workstation lighting implemented the idea of so-called ‘steerable light’. The metal workshop at the Bauhaus in Weimar was lit with Midgard lights and the Bauhaus students and served as inspiration, and is verifiable in the living room furniture by Ilse and Walter Gropius in their house at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling of all elements, the lamp was cleaned and rebuilt again. All the small parts have been cleaned, polished, oiled.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in very good overall condition appart from some scratches. The coating is is a good condition and has marks of its age.
The lamp is engraved with the Midgard logo on head, DRGM (before the war) and Midgard on the base.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the lamp socket.
The original clamping lampbase can be easily fixed on the table surface/table top.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 16 cm
1. Arm 33 cm
2. Arm 52 cm
Cable length 210cm