Jointed lamp in steel look with enameled shade.
The design of this jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning rust removal
of the Midgard elements, the lamp was polished brushed
clear coated and built again.
The parts of the lamp are used and have signs of wear.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions fine.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a switch located on the head.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 15cm
1. Arm 38cm
2. Arm 56cm
Cable length 260cm