Pair of scissor jointed lamps in great original condition.
The design of those vintage scissor lamps was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning of all elements, the lamps were rebuilt again.
The lamps have signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The mechanical system of the lamps functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was checked.
The lights are operated by a switch located on the power cord.
The lamps can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Scissors extendable up to approx. 110cm (with shade)
1. arm approx. 36cm
Wall mounting approx. 40cm
Shade diameter approx. 16, 5cm
Bulb socket E27, porcelain
Cable length approx. 210 cm
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia