Duet of blue-gray table lamps Midgard in original condition with high foot
The design of those vintage hinged double-jointed lamps was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough cleaning of all elements, the lamps were polished checked.
The lamps have signs of wear consistent with their age and use.
The lamps are in good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The paint shows some tiny losses on some parts.
The lamp are engraved with MIDGARD and DDRP on the joint.
The mechanical system of the lamps functions perfectly.
The joints are held by two screws.
The electrical equipment was checked.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original bakelite lamp socket.
The lampbases can be screwed on the table surface/table top.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Articulated arm approx. 49cm
2. Articulated arm approx. 66cm
Height base 17, 5cm
Shade diameter approx. 22cm
E27 socket with original bakelite rotary switches
Cable length approx. 135 cm
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia