Pair of Midgard jointed lamps with aluminium shades from another manufacturer
The design of those vintage hinged double-jointed lamps was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning rust removal
of all elements, the lamps were polished brushed varnished rebuilt again.
The lamps have signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
They have been polished to give it a steel look.
The lamps are engraved with Midgard a joint.
The mechanical system of the lamps functions fine.
The joints are held by two screws.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The lights are operated by a switch located on the power cord.
The lamps can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Bulb E27, Max 40 Watt
shade 30cm long
Shade diameter 10 cm
1. arm 37cm
2. arm 56cm
Full length lamp up to 126cm
Cable 190cm with switch
The edges of the shade are slightly sharp.