Pair of Midgard greyblue task lamps
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
Their original condition is very good. The lamps have a few signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamps are engraved with Midgard DDRP on the joints.
The mechanical system of the lamps functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The lights are operated by a rotary switch located on the bakelite lamp socket.
The lamps can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws or fixed at the table with the clamping bases.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Arm approx. 33cm
2. Arm approx. 41cm
Shade diameter approx. 22cm
Bulb socket E27
Cable length approx. 325 cm
Manufactued in Auma in Thüringen