Pair of Midgard black big scissor lamps
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning rust removal
of all elements, the lamp were painted and rebuilt again.
The lamps are in a used restored condition.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The lights iare operated by a rotary switch located on the lamp socket.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Arm 40 cm
Full length approx 110cm
Shade diameter approx 18cm
Cable length 330cm
Bulb socket E27