Rare jointed lamp in original condition with blue hammertone finish paint and wide shade.
The design of this rare vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling of all elements, the lamp was cleaned and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The lamp is engraved with Midgard on the shade and the lampbase.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The joints are held by two screws.
The electrical equipment was checked.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original bakelite lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Total length ca. 90cm
1. arm approx. 36cm
2. arm approx. 36cm
Shade diameter approx. 18cm
E27 bulb socket with original bakelite rotary switch
Original cable (2-wire, the plug is not compatible with classic sockets)
Cable length approx. 390 cm
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia