Midgard old jointed lamp in green hammertone with rare shade
The design of this beautiful vintage articulated double joint lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lighted up with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was also later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house living room at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, cleaning, rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was rebuilt again.
The lamp has few signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in very good overall condition.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original lamp socket.
The lampbase can be screwed on the table.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 15cm
1. Arm 39cm
2. Arm 57cm
Height table mount 43 cm
cable approx 320cm
bulb socket E27