Midgard 114 jointed lamp with grey hammertone finish paint and wide shade.
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
Total length ca. 70cm
1. arm approx. 36cm
2. arm approx. 16cm
Shade diameter approx. 26cm
E27 bulb socket with original bakelite rotary switch
Cable length approx. 120 cm
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia