Midgard DRGM beautiful old jointed desk lamp with remarkable patina and enameled shade.
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was polished varnished and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
It has a noteworthy patina.
The lamp is engraved with DRGM on the shade and Midgard on the base.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original bakelite lamp socket.
The lampbase can be easily screwed on the table surface/table top.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 16 cm
1. Arm 39 cm
2. Arm 38 cm
Cable length 180cm