Midgard DDRP nice grey blue jointed lamp in original condition
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling of all elements, the lamp was cleaned and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in very good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The paint shows some tiny losses on some parts.
The aluminum shade has a few scratches.
The lamp is engraved with MIDGARD and DDRP on the joint.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The joints are held by two screws.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original bakelite lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Arm approx. 23cm
2. Arm approx. 33cm
Shade diameter approx. 16,5cm
Bulb socket E27 with original Bakelit switch
Cable length approx. 400 cm
Manufactured in Auma in Thüringen