Jointed lamp in steel look with aluminium shade.
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was polished brushed varnished and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
It has been polished to give it a steel look.
The lamp is in good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The interior of the shade is flawless.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The joints are held by one screw.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the bakelite lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Total length ca. 90cm
1. arm approx. 40cm
2. arm approx. 32cm
Shade diameter approx. 18cm
E27 bulb socket with bakelite rotary switch
Cable length approx. 150 cm
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia