Green Midgard wall lamp
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning
of all elements, the lamp was clear coated and rebuilt again.
The lamp has light signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The aluminum shade has a few scratches and a small dent.
The lamp is marked with Midgard on the shade.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The joints are held by two screws.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a switch located on the power cord.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Articulated arm approx. 32, 5cm
2. Articulated arm approx. 41cm
Shade diameter approx. 18cm
Cable length approx. 190 cm
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia