Midgard green hinged lamp with enameled shade from another manufacturer and clamping base
This vintage articulated double joint lamp was designed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lighted up with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was also later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house living room at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, cleaning of all elements, the lamp was polished, painted and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The enameled shade has chippings.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the bakelite lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the table with the clamping base.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
shade diamter 17cm
1. Arm 39cm
2. Arm 57cm
Cable length 220cm
Buld socket E27