Polymorphic self-made floor jointed lamp in steel look
The design of this jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was polished brushed
clear coated and built again.
The parts of the lamp have signs of wear. One arm has a small dent.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions fine.
The joints are held by one screw.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original bulb socket.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Diameter foot approx 26cm
1. Joint 55cm
2., 3. u. 4. Joint 38cm
Shade diameter ca 18
total height- up to approx 175cm
Cable length 440 cm
Bulb socket e27