Midgard DRGM rare black hinged lamp
This vintage articulated double joint lamp was designed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lighted up with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was also later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house living room at the Dessau Bauhaus.
The light is marked with DRGM (before the war).The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the bulb socket.
The lamp can be attached to the table with the table-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details
1. Arm approx 31cm
2. Arm 49cm
Shade diameter approx. 16,5cm
Bulb socket E27
Cable length approx. 315 cm