Midgard wall light with shade made of aluminium
This vintage articulated double jointed lamp was designed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lighted up with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was also later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house living room at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, cleaning of all elements, the lamp was sealed with oil and rebuilt again. All the small parts have been cleaned, polished, oiled.
The lamp has light signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in very good overall condition.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions fine. It is marked on the joint with “Midgard DDRP”.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located original lamp socket made of bakelit.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Arm approx. 38cm
2. Arm approx. 56cm
Shade diameter approx. 18,5cm
Cable length approx. 270 cm
Manufactured in Auma in Thüringen