Midgard DDRP green wall lamp with enameled shade
This vintage articulated double joint lamp was designed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lighted up with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was also later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house living room at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, cleaning, rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was sealed with oil and rebuilt again. All the small parts have been cleaned, and oiled.
The lamp is in good overall condition, howerver is in a used conditon. The lamp has few signs of wear consistent with its age and use. The paint has some losses. The nice enameled shade has some age marks.
The light is marked with Midgard and DDRP.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The joints are held by two screws.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the bulb socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details
1. Arm ca. 30cm
2. Arm ca. 36cm
Shade diameter approx. 17cm
Bulb socket E27
Manufactured in Auma in Thüringen