Midgard DDRP black wall light with shade made of aluminium
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was painted in black and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
It has patina. The shade has tiny dents and some scratches.
The lamp is in good overall condition an marked with Midgard DDRP.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a switch (clockwise ) located on the bakelit lamp socket.
The lamp can be fixed at the wall with the wall mounting and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. arm . 40cm
2. arm 57cm
shade diameter approx 17,5cm
bulb socket E27 with Bakelite rotary switch
cable length ca. 265 cm
manufactured in Auma in Thüringen