Midgard old beautiful table lamp with patina and enameled shade from another manufacturer.
This vintage articulated double joint lamp was designed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lighted up with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was also later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house living room at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling of all elements, the lamp was cleaned, clear coated and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition.
The coat of the enameled shade has few losses.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the bakelite bulb socket.
The lamp can be screwed to the table with the table-mount bracket and screws (or at the wall, but the 1st hinge doesn’t go further than 90°).
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Arm approx. 32cm
2. Arm approx. 31cm
Shade diameter approx. 15cm
Bulb socket E27 with rotary switch
Cable length approx. 300 cm
manufactured in Auma in Thüringen