Midgard black painted wall lamp
This vintage articulated double joint lamp was designed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lighted up with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was also later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house living room at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, cleaning of all elements, the lamp was polished, painted and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition and marked with Midgard and DDRP.
The aluminum shade has a few scratches and dents.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions fine.
The joints are held by two screws.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Arm ca. 30cm
2. Arm ca. 37cm
Shade diameter ca. 18cm
Buld E27 with Bakelit rotary switch
Cable length ca. 275 cm
Manufactured in Auma in Thüringen