Elegant old Midgard 126 jointed lamp.
The design of this rare double-jointed lamp comes from the Curt Fischer, CA 1920 has worked on the idea of “steerable light”. Before the well-known designs by Christian Dell, or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer with the all-round mobile workstation lighting implemented the idea of so-called ‘steerable light’. The metal workshop at the Bauhaus in Weimar was lit with Midgard lights and the Bauhaus students and served as inspiration, and is verifiable in the living room furniture by Ilse and Walter Gropius in their house at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling cleaning
of all elements, the lamp was polished, painted and rebuilt again. All the small individual parts were cleaned, polished, oiled. The head bracket has been newly chromed.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use but is in great condition. The shade made of aluminium two small dents.
The lamp is engraved with the Midgard Sun on head, DRGM (before the war) and ‘Midgard’ on the base.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a grey cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the nice lamp socket.
The rare clamping lampbase can be easily fixed on the table surface/table top.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 16,5 cm
1. Arm 33 cm
2. Arm 53 cm
Cable length approx. 385cm