Midgard 114 clamp lamp with original hammertone paint
The design of this rare double-jointed lamp comes from the Curt Fischer, CA 1920 has worked on the idea of “steerable light”. Before the well-known designs by Christian Dell, or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer with the all-round mobile workstation lighting implemented the idea of so-called ‘steerable light’. The metal workshop at the Bauhaus in Weimar was lit with Midgard lights and the Bauhaus students and served as inspiration, and is verifiable in the living room furniture by Ilse and Walter Gropius in their house at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling of all elements, the lamp was cleaned and rebuilt again.
The lamp has light signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition appart from some scratches at the shade.
The lamp is engraved with the Midgard logo and ‘DRGM’ (before the war) on head.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the bakelite lamp socket.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 15,5 cm
1. Arm 41 cm
2. Arm 64 cm
Cable length approx. 355cm