Midgard DRGM DRP vintage scissor lamp mod. 110 with original green blue paint
The design of this vintage hinged scissor lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
Its condition is exceptionnaly good. The lamp has few signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is engraved with the Midgard logo and DRGM (before the war).
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the nice bakelite lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Shade diameter 16,5cm
scissor 13 up to 57cm
Full length 40 up to approx 120 cm
Height Wall mounting 38 cm
Cable length Kabel 310 cm
Bulb socket E27
Manufactured in Auma in Thüringen