Midgard Kahla big black jointed lamp with wall mounting
The design of this hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
Length approx. 90cm
1. arm approx. 46cm
2. arm approx. 36cm
Shade diameter approx. 16cm
E27 bulb socket
The light is operated by a switch located on the black power cord.
Cable length approx. 80 cm
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia