Kahla Midgard blue big hinged lamp with wall mounting
The design of this vintage hinged double-jointed lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was checked.
The light is operated by a switch located on the power cord.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Total length approx. 90cm
1. arm approx. 55cm
2. arm approx. 36cm
Shade diameter approx. 18cm
E27 bulb socket
white cord switch
Cable length approx. 130 cm
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia