Midgard 110 early scissor lamp with enameled shade
The design of this vintage scissor lamp was developed by Curt Fischer, who worked on the idea of the ‘steerable light’ from approx. 1920 on. Even before the well known designs by Christian Dell or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer realized the idea of the so-called ‘steerable light’ with the all-round movable work lamp. The metal workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus was lit with Midgard lights, serving as an example to Bauhaus students, and was used later in Ilse and Walter Gropius’ master house livingroom at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was cleaned, polished, coated and rebuilt again.
The lamp has beautiful signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
The lamp is in good overall condition appart from some scratches. The enameled shade has signs of wear.
The lamp is engraved with the Midgard logo and DRGM DRP Ausl Pat on the scissor, and at several parts with D.R.G.M. (before the war)).
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the brass lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Arm approx. 46cm
Lamp full length up to approx 111cm
Heigth Wall mounting 40cm
Shade diameter 19cm
Bulb socket E27 with rotary switch
Cable length ca. 220 cm
Manufactured in Auma in Thüringen