Jointed lamp type 3020-II in original condition with grey paint and wide rounded shade.
The design of this double-jointed lamp comes from the Curt Fischer, CA 1920 has worked on the idea of “steerable light”. Before the well-known designs by Christian Dell, or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer with the all-round mobile workstation lighting implemented the idea of so-called ‘steerable light’. The metal workshop at the Bauhaus in Weimar was lit with Midgard lights and the Bauhaus students and served as inspiration, and is verifiable in the living room furniture by Ilse and Walter Gropius in their house at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, cleaning of all elements, the lamp was tested and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
It is in good overall condition appart from some scratches.
The paint shows some tiny losses on some parts.
The lamp is marked with Midgard and DDRP on the shade and the joints.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions fine.
The joints are held by two screws.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a rotary switch located on the original bakelite lamp socket.
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws .
Please refer to the photos for more details.
Total length approx. 116cm
1. Articulated arm approx. 55cm
2. Articulated arm approx. 37cm
Shade diameter approx. 22cm
E27 socket with bakelite rotary switches
Cable length approx. 100 cm
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia