Old Midgard jointed lamp in steel look with enameled shade.
The design of this double-jointed lamp comes from the Curt Fischer, CA 1920 has worked on the idea of “steerable light”. Before the well-known designs by Christian Dell, or Marianne Brandt, Curt Fischer with the all-round mobile workstation lighting implemented the idea of so-called ‘steerable light’. The metal workshop at the Bauhaus in Weimar was lit with Midgard lights and the Bauhaus students and served as inspiration, and is verifiable in the living room furniture by Ilse and Walter Gropius in their house at the Dessau Bauhaus.
After the thorough dismantling, cleaning, rust removal
of all elements, the lamp was polished ,brushed, varnished and rebuilt again.
The lamp has signs of wear consistent with its age and use.
It has a noteworthy patina.
It has been polished to give it a steel look.
The lamp is engraved with Midhard and DDRP on the joint.
The mechanical system of the lamp functions perfectly.
The joints are held by two screws.
The electrical equipment was renewed and refurbished with a three-wire system and a black cloth coated cord was used.
The light is operated by a switch located on the power cord
The lamp can be easily attached to the wall with the wall-mount bracket and screws.
Please refer to the photos for more details.
1. Articulated arm approx. 32cm
2. Articulated arm approx. 30cm
Shade diameter approx. 15cm
E27 socket with original bakelite rotary switches
Cable length approx. 250 cm with intermediate switch
Manufactured in AUMA in Thuringia